About Dr. Nachbar's Practice
James M. Nachbar, MD, FACS has been practicing plastic surgery since 1985.
After growing up
in Chicago, Cincinnati, Connecticut, and Los Angeles, he graduated from college at
the University of Chicago and from medical school at Washington University St. Louis.
In 1980, he came to Arizona, and completed a full five-year residency in General Surgery
at the University of Arizona in Tucson, including a year as Chief Resident of Surgery.
In 1985, he went to the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, and did fellowships
in Hand Surgery and Burn Surgery, and then a two year residency in plastic surgery, including
a year as Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery.
In 1988, after completing his training in plastic surgery, he went to Albuquerque, New Mexico
and joined the faculty of the University of New Mexico. After two years, he was appointed
Acting Chief, and then Chief of Plastic Surgery. As Chief of Plastic Surgery, he was also
Program Director of the Residency in Plastic Surgery, and earned tenure from the University of
In 1995, he came to Scottsdale to start his private practice in plastic surgery. By 2000
he had limited his practice to Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, and currently performs surgery in all
areas of cosmetic plastic surgery.
A brief summary
of some of his qualifications:
- Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Certified, American Board of Surgery
- Chief of Plastic Surgery and Program Director of Plastic Surgery Residency, University of New Mexico, 1990-1995
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Certificate for Special Recognition for Volunteerism and Community Service, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- His complete Curriculum Vitae is available online at www.plastic.org/cv.
Dr. Nachbar's Staff
Sharon and Laura
Kate, Medical Assistant
Everyone on Dr. Nachbar's friendly staff is eager to help you. We pride ourselves on working
as a team to make sure all of your needs are taken care of in an efficient and friendly manner.
Please feel free to call on us to help you with any questions or concerns you have.
Payment for your surgery is due at your pre-operative visit, two weeks before surgery.
We accept payment by cashier's check, cash, credit card, and financing through CareCredit
The most common payment method is by credit card. We accept American Express, Discover,
MasterCard, and Visa. CareCredit can give you an answer on financing within fifteen minutes.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about